To many of us feel like marketing is cringey, we want to be of service to people, not spending hours trying to find those people.
It takes a bit of self-belief and adjustment to your content and you’ll notice a difference- swipe through for some ideas.
When I started my co-working and Creche business 3 years ago, I didn’t really want to ‘put myself out there’ but I was really passionate about creating a local community. Soon I found by offering tips relevant to local working parents, I was able to get more leverage and grew my following and engagement.
So here are the top tips I’ve picked up along the way:
· You have something unique to offer
· You can’t appeal to all people all the time
· When you shine, you give permission for others to do the same
· It isn’t about selling but about what you can offer / how you can help
· What is in it for your client / customer?
· Think about the benefits for people working with you rather than the logistics of it (focus on benefits not features such as listing out your qualifications and experience)
· Create content that people want to save and refer back to
· Show your expertise and experience (yes you DO know things that others don’t!!)
· Don’t forget to use hashtags on social media so the right people can find you (use hashtags they would use, not necessarily hashtags describing yourself)
Creating posts that give the reader some quick tips and insights like these are a great place to start from:
· My top 5 xxxx
· How to create …………. Without ……………….
· The top 3 mistakes I made when…..
If you’d like some more (free) support, check out my freebies page where I’ve curated a selection of guides to approaching marketing from a sense of calm and service rather than hustle and striving!